23 Ways to Prepare Your Phoenix Home for Sale
You only get one chance at a first impression. Make it count!
Be sure you follow most (if not all) of these ways to prepare your home for showings and open houses.
- Have all counter tops cleaned off. Remove counter top appliances such as toasters or coffee makers.
- Keys and personal items should be stored away.
- De-clutter and put away everyday items: dishes, mail, shoes, coats, kids’ toys, sporting equipment, etc.
- Take 15 minutes and organize and purge your fridge – because a buyer WILL look!
- Make sure the thermostat is set appropriately for the weather and make the home comfortable for showings.
- Take the trash out and consider hiding garbage cans.
- Minimize family photos so Buyers can imagine THEIR photos there.
- Do a thorough cleaning – even if you have to hire a cleaning service
- Improve curb appeal: Mow the lawn and trim back overgrown shrubbery, mulch, paint shutters, weed gardens, address the trim, fix walkways, clean exterior windows, power wash home.
- Make the bathrooms shine: Toilet seats down, clean mirrors and other glass surfaces.
- Bake something that smells good. Chocolate chip cookies, apple pie. Use the pre-made cookie dough and frozen pies for this. Heat a pan of apple juice with cinnamon and cloves in the oven.
- Put fresh flowers or flowering plants on the dining room table
- Play soft music
- Turn on all of the lights (including in the garage!)
- Offer snacks and water
- Take all the magnets and pictures off the refrigerator.
- If guns are in the house, make sure they are secured and hidden away.
- Secure valuables (tech devices such as laptops, tablets, phones), bills (some have account numbers), spare keys to the house and prescription drugs
- Open the windows – buyers love lots of natural light.
- Place all personal toiletries in a drawer or a basket (no one wants to see your toothpaste or hand lotion).
- Organize toys or store them while your home is for sale
- Less is more. Remove excess furniture if possible. That means storing ANY big bulky sofas and recliners.
- Replace light bulbs that are burnt out. The better the lighting, the more attractive the home looks,
- LaTisha Peoria, AZEverything went according to how it was supposed to go! Was great! Overall EXCELLENT!! Easiest home purchase to date for us. Tom was always available whenever we had questions, if he didn't know, he would find out the answer and then get back to us as quickly as possible.
- Bonelli'sHal Mayer made sure everything went smoothly and every detail was handled professionally with the purchase of our home. Hal was in constant communication and ready to show listings that I wanted to see. I liked the way he presented each viewing with the needed information on the property. Hal is very organized and made […]
- Jovan Bonelli Mesa AZHal was awesome.. Great job in finding properties and exceeding expectations.