23 Ways to Prepare Your Phoenix Home for Sale
You only get one chance at a first impression. Make it count!
Be sure you follow most (if not all) of these ways to prepare your home for showings and open houses.
- Have all counter tops cleaned off. Remove counter top appliances such as toasters or coffee makers.
- Keys and personal items should be stored away.
- De-clutter and put away everyday items: dishes, mail, shoes, coats, kids’ toys, sporting equipment, etc.
- Take 15 minutes and organize and purge your fridge – because a buyer WILL look!
- Make sure the thermostat is set appropriately for the weather and make the home comfortable for showings.
- Take the trash out and consider hiding garbage cans.
- Minimize family photos so Buyers can imagine THEIR photos there.
- Do a thorough cleaning – even if you have to hire a cleaning service
- Improve curb appeal: Mow the lawn and trim back overgrown shrubbery, mulch, paint shutters, weed gardens, address the trim, fix walkways, clean exterior windows, power wash home.
- Make the bathrooms shine: Toilet seats down, clean mirrors and other glass surfaces.
- Bake something that smells good. Chocolate chip cookies, apple pie. Use the pre-made cookie dough and frozen pies for this. Heat a pan of apple juice with cinnamon and cloves in the oven.
- Put fresh flowers or flowering plants on the dining room table
- Play soft music
- Turn on all of the lights (including in the garage!)
- Offer snacks and water
- Take all the magnets and pictures off the refrigerator.
- If guns are in the house, make sure they are secured and hidden away.
- Secure valuables (tech devices such as laptops, tablets, phones), bills (some have account numbers), spare keys to the house and prescription drugs
- Open the windows – buyers love lots of natural light.
- Place all personal toiletries in a drawer or a basket (no one wants to see your toothpaste or hand lotion).
- Organize toys or store them while your home is for sale
- Less is more. Remove excess furniture if possible. That means storing ANY big bulky sofas and recliners.
- Replace light bulbs that are burnt out. The better the lighting, the more attractive the home looks,
Check out what clients are saying!